Sleek enough to pass acceptably through your presentation to the board, the Garmin Vivo active HR GPS stealthily utilizes wrist-based heart rate reading to take your daily activity tracking and training data analysis to the next level. Whether you’re keeping tabs on your daily steps, training for a multisport event or running after your adventure cat who has just squirmed out of its harness, this watch is there to capture it all. Wrapped in a sleek yet unassuming strap with a clean, intuitive touchscreen, the big news about the Vivo active HR GPS is its ability to continuously monitor heart rate through its proprietary elevate optical sensor at the wrist, eliminating the need for a bulky, uncomfortable chest strap. The continuous data stream allows the watch not only to provide feedback on current heart rate, but also to accurately assess your resting heart rate in addition to all its other activity tracking features. This can help indicate fitness and health changes over time and is a huge perk for athletes looking to catch early signs of overtraining. While Garmin claims elevate is appropriate for tracking intense activities and training zones, it may be a good idea to stick to your traditional chest strap for interval sessions until elevate’s accuracy is proven, given the issues with many of the other optical sensors currently on the market.The Vivo active is GPS-enabled to track routes, distance, speed and other metrics depending on your choice of activity which can be uploaded to Garmin connect for in-depth analysis. It connects to Garmin’s app store, connect IQ which opens the unit up for virtually limitless customizability through third-party apps and features. It also comes with some unexpected features, like activity goals that are assigned based on inveterate activity levels and sedentary alarms, which warn you when life at the desk is threatening your daily activity goals. The vivo active HR GPS also brings the usual functionality that we’ve grown to.
Garmin vívoactive HR Smart Watch, Regular (Black)
- GPS smartwatch with a sunlight-readable, high-resolution color touchscreen
- Built-in sports apps include GPS-enabled running, biking, swimming and more no phone connection required
- Customize with watch face designs, widgets and apps from connect IQ store
- Receive smart notifications and smart coaching from Garmin connect when paired with your phone, Compatible Devices: Edge 1000, edge 520, edge 810, edge explore 1000,VIRB X,VIRB XE
- P to 8 days battery life in watch/activity tracking mode or up to 13 hours using GPS